Welcome to the Top General Counsels website. In 2009, I founded the National Diversity Council to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Through the Top General Counsels website, my hope is to specifically recognize the achievements of leaders in the legal field, who are breaking barriers and setting high standards for themselves and others.
Every year, the National Diversity Council compiles a list of the Top 50 General Counsel to feature the highest caliber of executive within the law. These are the most prominent leaders that have reached the top of their profession by being effective front-runners in their organization. They drive change, innovate, and inspire others to succeed while contributing to business growth.
The Top 50 Most Powerful Women in Law meet the following criteria:
- Must be General Counsel or Chief Legal Officer
- Demonstrates achievements across the full spectrum of in-house responsibility
- Performs above and beyond the usual requirements of his or her professional capability
- Shows commitment to diversity and community well-being
- Displays high integrity and ethical behavior
Founder and CEO
National Diversity Council